Join us for a special event to celebrate Archival Awareness Week!
Cody McCallum of Cody Calligraphy will offer her workshop Modern Calligraphy for Beginners the evening of Tuesday, April 4th. This workshop focuses on beginner concepts including the basic strokes and mastering the lowercase alphabet, all using a small-tipped brush pen, which is a beginner friendly calligraphy tool. Tips & tricks on common calligraphy projects will also be shared, along with tips on how to hold your brush pen and set up your workspace.
Each participant goes home with a calligraphy starter kit to keep practicing at home, which includes:
- 2 calligraphy brush pens (beginner friendly)
- A 27-page workbook including worksheets & smooth-finish paper for writing
- For ages 13+
- Doors for this event open at 6:00pm, with the workshop to take place from 6:30 – 8:00pm.
- Pre-registration and payment is required.
- Registration ends the evening of Sunday, April 2nd. Register online by clicking the button below, or call 613.354.3027
Cody McCallum (she/her) is a calligrapher and stationery designer, operating out of her home studio in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Calligraphy began for her as a hobby and mindfulness practice, but quickly grew to become her passion, side hustle, and now full-time business. Cody specializes in bringing a personal touch to weddings, events and personal stationery. She also runs public calligraphy workshops and private classes (staff appreciation, mindfulness retreats, birthdays, bachelorette parties and more!)
Note from the Artist
You can also tag @CodyCalligraphy on both Twitter & Instagram, and mention Cody Calligraphy on Facebook!